Debt Recovery & Credit Management
Our Debt Recovery & Credit Management Department is staffed by Solicitors and experienced legal executives and has comprehensive back up from the Litigation, Commercial and Conveyancing Departments within the office. Our external consultant, Joan Keohane, has guided the Department for over 30 years and continues to make an ongoing contribution to the management and development of the Department.
An effective system of case management and file monitoring has been developed over the years with proven success. While we are highly automated we also pride ourselves in the fact that we can adopt a personal approach when dealing with debtors where it yields better results.
Each case is assigned to one of our dedicated team members who will be your main point of contact and can provide the full spectrum of debt recovery services.
For further information, contact one of the following:
Contact Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team has an invaluable mix of knowledge and skill in corporate, property and Debt Recovery law. We offer two core services in this area:
1. A debt recovery service tailored to your needs:
- Demand letters
- Court proceedings including enforcement by way of:
Committal for failure to comply with Instalment Order
Registration of Judgment Mortgages
Discovery in aid of Execution
Petitions to Wind Up a Company
Presentation and prosecution of Bankruptcy
2. Health check and debt avoidance comprises:
- A thorough review of your trading documentation and practice. If weaknesses are identified a structured set of measures will be proposed and priced on a fixed fee basis.
- Your terms and conditions of business will be reviewed and drafted if needed.
- Assignment of debts and related topics.
- Breach of Contract and other commercial claims
- Retention of title to goods/assets
- Consumer credit regulations
- Advice on and Enforcement of:
-Personal Guarantees and Indemnities
-Hire purchase, lease and other commercial credit agreements
Our policy is to charge clients fair and reasonable fees for our advice and services. A wide range of fixed or capped fee services are available. Generally our charges are based on either
(a) the amount of the debt or
(b) an hourly rate which varies according to:
- the seniority and experience of the team member involved
- the complexity of the matters and difficulty involved
- the skill, labour, specialized knowledge and responsibility involved
- the urgency of the matter
- the value of the transaction